Rihanna

Friday, November 6, 2009

Rihanna: I Was "Wrong" For Taking Chris Brown Back

rihanna
All week we've been talking about the much anticipated Rihanna interview, which aired on Good Morning America today. It was Rihanna's first television interview since the incident that took place in February that changed her life forever.

During the interview Rihanna admitted she was "wrong" for going back to Chris Brown shortly after the assault.

"That's embarrassing that that's the type of person that I fell in love with," Rihanna told Diane Sawyer. "So far in love. So unconditional that I went back. It's humiliating to say this happened. To accept that? It's a traumatizing experience."

"I stayed. I even went back after he beat me, which was wrong," she added. "But again ... I'm a human being and people put me on a very unrealistic pedestal. And all these expectations, I'm not perfect."

Rihanna said that she felt so selfish going back to Chris because she didn't realize what a big influence she might be to other young battered women.

"It's completely normal to go back. It's not right. I learned the hard way, but again, this is what I want people to know," she said. "When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn't be held responsible for going back.

"Even if Chris never hit me again, who is to say that their boyfriend won't? Who's to say that they won't kill these girls?" she went on. "These are young girls and I just didn't realize how much of an impact I had on these girls' lives until that happened."

Rihanna admits that life has not been so easy after leaving Chris. She says that it has been one of the "most lonely times" because "nobody understands what it's like."

No comments:

Post a Comment